The CSS404 is design for continuous monitoring of mono or stereo analogue or digital audio signals. If the main signal is lost the unit will automatically switch to a backup signal, analogue or digital, and automatically return to the main signal when the fault is cleared.
The CSS404 can be configured to choose the main input as analogue or digital, as well as a backup source, separately from main input.
As well as the audio switch, CSS404 switches a RS232 main/backup to insure continuity of data such as RDS.
Should power be lost, the bypass state switches the digital input to the digital output, the analogue input to the analogue output according to the main/backup config in use before the supply loss. This config will be recalled on the supply return.
The monitor section, allows input/output checking using headphones and a bargraph meter.
A green (normal)/red (backup) indicator on the front panel shows the equipment state, and the user can manually switch the unit to the desired output signal.
- Digital AES/EBU input /output on transformer.
- Digital input sample rate up to 96KHz, no transfer delay.
- No alteration of associated data (index, text...)
- Digital carrier monitoring for quality and audio, adjustable from -60dBFs to 0 dBFs, and from -45dBu to +15dBu for analogue audio. On audio loss CSS404 goes on alarm after adjustable delay.
- Analogue balanced audio input/output.
- Four audio monitoring modes Left, right, Left + right, left and right.
- Full management of the unit uses the embedded web server. Records of the last twenty events, of frames informations in real time, and the state of the switch. A front panel switch recalls the factory IP address and a USB port is used for firmware update.
- The remote monitoring of the equipment can be carried through the SNMP agent. Possibility of sending traps in V2c or V2c Inform format.
- Synchronization of the internal clock by SNTP.
- Two relays report supply cuts, a third one for alarm and switch to backup.
This equipment is also available in different versions:
CSS404-SD: The Additional input audio backup via SD card. This allows a second possible continuity program if the emergency chain is also in default.
CSS404-2SP: Additional backup power supply (unavailable with SD option)
CSS201: digital input, digital backup input and digital output.
CSS205: analog input, analog backup input and analog output.