The MAGIC AE1 DAB is a 19" x 1 U DAB Audio Encoder with integrated monitoring decoder without fan. The system supports the ISO/MPEG 1/2 Layer 2 Codec from the Institut für Rundfunktechnik (IRT) in Munich, Germany, according to EN300401 standard.
- X.21 interface
- LAN interface (can be used for Audio transmission as well as for configuration and monitoring purposes via SNMP)
- Analogue and digital Audio interfaces
- RS232 interface for transmission of PAD (Programme Associated Data)
- Monitoring of the uncoded and the encoded Audio signal
- Headphones output for monitoring
The system can be configured and controlled via the front keypad and iluminated display.
Alternatively, operation is also possible with the Windows PC Software which is included in the delivery.
Direct connection to Ensemble Multiplexer
The MAGIC AE1 DAB Audio Encoders can be directly connected to the Ensemble Multiplexer via the X.21 or the LAN interface.
The LAN2 Upgrade extends your system with a second LAN interface. It can be used for control and alarm signalling via SNMP. However, it is not suitable for Audio transmission. The main advantage of the second LAN interface is the separation of the IP Audio transmission network and the management network. The functions of the interface can be configured easily via the Windows PC Software.
The LAN2 Upgrade is available for both new and already purchased systems. If the LAN2 Upgrade is ordered together with a new system, the second LAN interface is integrated in the hardware. For existing systems we provide the LAN2 Adapter which can be connected to the Extension Bus interface.
MAGIC AE1 DAB can be upgraded into a DAB+ system with the help of a DAB+ Upgrade (DSP module plus firmware).
- EDI (DCP) output
- for interconnection of Multiplexers with EDI input