The updated StereoSwitch II now has front panel pushbuttons for local control, plus remote control via GPI. StereoSwitch II is a handy audio switcher that's perfect for switching between studios, selecting audio sources. If you've used up all the inputs on your console, feed infrequently-used sources into StereoSwitch II and select between them. StereoSwitch II can also be used "in reverse", as a router, to send a source to one of three destinations.
StereoSwitch is a three-input stereo audio switcher. It accepts up to three stereo balanced audio sources, selecting one to be routed to the stereo balanced output. It is ideally suited for numerous broadcast applications, e.g., as a studio switcher, line selector, or for automatic source selection under the control of a broadcast automation system.
StereoSwitch utilizes sealed relays with gold-plated contacts for audio switching. There is no circuitry in the audio path, making StereoSwitch totally transparent to the source. The unit can be controlled with any momentary or maintained contact closure, open collector, TTL/CMOS logic, or DC voltage from 5-24 volts.
Internal power-up programming permits the user to determine which of the three inputs is automatically selected when AC is applied. The “Priority Return” mode selects Input #1 if no other input is selected. Tally outputs are provided to drive remote status indicators. Inactive sources can be automatically terminated.
Audio inputs and outputs are via plug-in euroblock connectors. Control inputs are via a 9-pin D connector. StereoSwitch is 1/3 rack width and can be mounted in an optional rack shelf, or wall-mounted using optional wall/cabinet mounting brackets. StereoSwitch is powered by an internal AC power supply.
- Control Inputs: 3, each Opto-Isolated 5-24 VDC or Contact Closure
- Input Resistance: 1.5K ohms per Input
- Input Pulse Duration: Momentary (>50ms) or Maintained
- Input Connector: 9-pin D-sub
- Tally Output: Open Collector, 3x, LOW when Active
- Audio Inputs: Stereo Balanced, 3x
- Audio Output: Stereo Balanced
- Crosstalk: >90dB @ 1kHz; >80dB @ 10kHz
- Separation: >80dB @ 1kHz; >70dB @ 10kHz
- Power Requirements: 115/230VAC, 50/60Hz, 3 W
- Construction: Steel enclosure
- Physical: 5.7”w x 1.7”h x 6.0”d, 3lb
- Mounting: Table top, optional rack shelf, optional wall/cabinet mounting brackets