With the sapphire, a mixing console has become available that combines the best of both worlds. Lawo's new console for on-air and production applications is not limited to proven cutting-edge technology but also offers an eye-catching new design.
The advantage: while technicians will be convinced by the possibility of various upgrades, maximum flexibility and sophisticated functionality, broadcasters will be continually impressed by the modern control surface, which makes working with the new sapphire fun. In addition, the sapphire offers everything expected from a powerful mixing console: top quality, intuitive user guidance and clever solutions, all of which guarantee even greater working efficiency.
Your individual requirements will determine which sapphire configuration is the right one for you. All you need to start broadcasting is a central module, a channel module and a couple of interfaces. However, the sapphire is also able to meet more demanding needs — with the addition of more channel modules, a sapphire can be transformed into a true production mixing console, placing up to 60 motor faders at your finger tips. Or you choose the extended channel strips or even the optional visual extension - offering more ease of use and the best possible workflow in daily productions.
The intuitive design of the sapphire user panels is inspired by the proven crystal layout. For example with buttons illuminated by RGB LEDs that allow for colour coding of the various functions. Or the high-resolution OLED displays that guarantee an optimum readability from every angle. And as one of the two displays per channel always shows the selected source it is easy for the users to keep the overview all the time also in hectic situations. The brightness of these displays as well as the other buttons will be adapted via two ambient light sensors to the environmental lighting conditions, allowing for fatigue-free work.
Regarding the inputs and outputs, the sapphire uses the proven DALLIS I/O system. Thus, you benefit from the wide range and constantly growing selection of I/O cards. So that your sapphire console can keep up with your growing requirements and you can be sure to make a futureproof investment.
Technical Details of the sapphire.
- Modular plug-in card system based on the DALLIS I/O system
- Central motherboard with integrated control system and signal processing (redundantly designed as an option)
- Integrated matrix with up to 512 inputs and outputs (non-blocking, 384 MADI + 128 DALLIS I/O slots)
- PC-independent and fan-free operation
- Optional redundant power supply
- 96 mono DSP input channels (stereo, surround or simulcast coupling possible) with input gain, panpot / balance, direct out and insert
- 128 DSP modules ( 96 on input channels, 32 on sums, coupling possible like input channels)
- EQ (3 fully parametric bands and 2 filters)
- Dynamic units (gate , expander and compressor)
- Delay (up to 340 ms with switchable units: metres, ms or frames
- 60 mono summing busses (stereo or 5.1 coupling possible)
- 512 metres (mono, stereo and surround coupling possible)
- 64 mini-mixers (2 x 2 + 2 x TB 1 out of 8, for monitoring, stereo-to-mono, etc.)
- 32 DeEssers (mono)
- Analogue Mic / Line (transformer or el. balanced)
- Headset (incl. VCA interface)
- AES / EBU (AES3) with and without sampling rate converter (SRC)
- ADAT® (ADAT® is a registered trademark of Alesis, LLC and is used here under license.)
- 3G / HD / SD SDI (embedded audio)
- Serial data transfer (RS232, RS422, MIDI)
- GPIO (optocouplers, relays, VCA)
- 2 or 6 MADI ports on the masterboard
- IP codec Audio-over-IP option
- Wordclock input and internal generator
- Optional via MADI
- Supported sample rates 48 kHz and 44.1 kHz
- 5 possible PFL busses
- Surround sources (5.1 or 5.1+2) and busses (5.1)
- Integrated mix-minus /conference logic
- Freely programmable logic core (redlight, faderstart, program switch, TB integration, etc.)
- Serial interface for interaction with radio automation systems (“sapphire” operating mode)
- Serial interface for matrix control ("Nova17" operating mode)
- Optional MIDI interface for interaction with audio workstations (HUI protocol e. g. for ProTools™)
- Remote control of external Lawo matrices possible (e. g. source selection)
- Optional control via touch screen (VisTool)
- Optional graphic matrix control (NovaConnect)
Configuration and maintenance
- Software for system configuration and logic programming
- Integrated web server for system diagnosis
- Dedicated SW tool for performing software updates
- Remote maintenance via VPN/ISDN