The AXUM VERSION 3.0 is a modular completely preprogrammed platform that can grow with you and your organization any time, any moment.
I/O cards can be shared between systems and a Broadcast station that has decided to use the AXUM as their main and support mixers can be sure to have invested in a future proof product.
The Axum can be used for small local 4 fader desktop use as well as large scale (128 faders max) production work and everything in between.
A large matrix of 1280x1280 with extensive signal processing on a maximum of 128 stereo channels is available that can be assigned to Sixteen stereo summing mixing busses and sixteen monitor buses as well as directly between the maximum of 4 DSP's.
Imagine a console where you can decide yourself what a switch/encoder or fader will do for you. Not possible?.
With the AXUM this is possible and... you can do that yourself by selecting a function out of hundreds of functions simply selectable from a database in your AXUM browser.
Two control surfaces (with their own CRM sections) in different studios sharing the same I/O rack is also no problem for the AXUM platform.
Hardware purchasing choices are straightforward:
Rack ONE accepts a maximum of 21 I/O single slot cards.
Rack TWO accepts a maximum of 40 I/O single slot cards.
A Control Surface Frame starts with 4 faders as a minimum and can be extended to a maximum of 128 motorized faders plus Control/CRM section.
Each individual Control Surface Frame can be mounted drop through in a work surface left or right of your script space.
Interfacing with studio equipment is with high quality low cost readily available STP cable, also called shielded STP Ethernet cable, see breakout boxes below to choose from.
An internally generated webpage allows you to remotely control all settings anywhere over Ethernet and /or Internet.
The MambaNet protocol controls the communication between all system parts linked to each other with world standard Ethernet.
It gives such an enormous freedom in system solutions so we hardly can imagine that your needs can not be met with the AXUM.
A software Meter application is included and runs directly from the Control Surface, but also from any PC in the network.
Also hardware meters can be connected in the network anywhere, thanks to the MambaNet protocol.
- Self operating mixer
- Engineer operated mixer
- Outside broadcasting
- Video Post production
- Conference mixing
- Routing and Networking Matrix
- 4 to 128 motorized Alps faders
- Faders can be used for channel faders and buss master faders
- Scaleable On-Air/Production Console
- Separated control surfaces and I/O racks
- Control surfaces connected by Ethernet.
- Internal website for console setup. (already pre-programmed in the factory)
- I/O matrix of 1280 x1280.
- 16 stereo summing buses (Prog, Sub, Cue, Comm, 12x Aux) and 4 stereo monitoring busses.
- 16 Talkback busses
- 4 stereo monitor busses per DSP card
- Inputs can directly assigned to the outputs.
- 128 Stereo DSP channels max (4 DSP Cards inserted)
- Digital gain control.
- 6 band comprehensive EQ.
- Enhanced Voice Processing built in.
- Processing presets.
- Module presets.
- Console presets.
- Direct outputs available.
- Converters are 24bit/96kHz.
- Sample Rate Converter optional.
- CobraNet option.
- Assignable channel meters in version 3.0
- Pop up Equalizer graphics per channel
- On-Air indication on screen
- Phone indication on screen
- Phase meters on modules, busses, monitor.
- High precision Broadcast Clock
- Redundant power supply optional for both Control Surface and I/O rack.
- Optional Remote Control Surface application
The switches on the channel-strip are software assignable to a function. For instance the ‘ON’ Switch can be above or below the fader.
Any Control surface switch can do anything you want it to do, but… to not confuse you we have programmed a factory default assignment that represents the working procedures of the average Radio Studio to start with.
Switches have long life dual colour LED’s. So every active function is clearly shown.
The basic desktop frames are built to use as a drop through frame in a furniture surface.
They can accept 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 pcs of 4 faders sections, or 2,3,4,5 pcs of 4 fader sections and 1 CRM/STUDIO section plus master blind.
With two frames (script space in the middle) you can have a maximum of 48 faders with CRM/STUDIO section.
If more faders are needed larger frame sizes are available upon request to achieve the maximum of 128 by fader controllable stereo channels this design can handle.
RACK ONE can accept 21 one slot space I/O-cards. There are 16 available slots for I/O cards (5 are used for POWER and Engine card)
RACK TWO can accept 40 one slot space I/O cards. There are 35 available slots for I/O cards (5 are used for POWER and Engine card)
An internal power supply card (3 slots positioned on the left side) is necessary as well as one Engine card (2 slots, on the right hand side of the Rack), a redundant power supply is optional.
If you just want I/O routing no DSP card is necessary, but if you want signal processing one DSP card is always necessary to control 32 stereo channels as a maximum. More DSP cards (4 max) give more processing channels (up to 128)
A range of I/O cards can slide into the 19" rack to achieve the necessary number of analog and digital in and outputs your studio needs.
Any changes can be performed while ON-AIR.
Mic break outpanel, seen from the back-side
The huge amount of in and outputs per card could not be designed with a dedicated (jack/Cinch/XLR connector in the space available on the front of the card.
By using standard STP cables in every input and output module a compact and neat cabling can be achieved.
Due to standardization, changes in wiring can be achieved very easily without the need for soldering.
These low cost Cat-5 cables are ready made available from us or from your nearest computer store starting at lengths of 30cm up to 20 meters.
If you need to connect a MICROPHONE to the AXUM take our 19” part number 60882045 break out panel.
Mount it in your studio rack, hook up a shielded RJ45 (STP) cable between the AXUM and this Mic input panel and you're ready.
This also includes the remote wiring! No need to buy twice the amount of expensive XLR’s.
There are five types of patch panels available to choose from, see below.
This rack is ideal for balanced mic inputs.
This rack is ideal for balanced line in/outputs (inserts).
This rack is ideal for balanced line inputs.
This rack is ideal for balanced line outputs.
This rack is ideal for balanced line in and outputs.
This rack is ideal for balanced digital in and outputs.
MIC-AD, 4 Mic input + GPIO on RJ45. (1 slot)
- LINE-AD, 8 Line input (4 stereo) + GPIO on RJ45. (1 slot)
- LINE-DA, 8 Line output (4 stereo) + GPIO on RJ45. (1 slot)
- DDsrc, 4 stereo Dig in/out, with Sample Rate Converter + GPIO on RJ45. (1 slot)
- Telephone Hybrid card (2 lines). (1 slot)
- Firewire Card. (1 slot)
- CRM / Phone output Card (2x balanced stereo line + 2x stereo Phones) (1 slot)
- DSP Audio module (32 stereo processing channels, 2 CRM/Studio) (1 slot)
- ENGINE Card, 2 slots (always necessary)
- Power supply card, 3 slots (always necessary)
Remote Control Surface software application over IP.