Tieline Commander G3 field and studio rack-mount IP codecs are used by thousands of radio and television broadcasters around the world every day for remote broadcasting, studio-to-transmitter links (STLs) and studio-to-studio audio distribution.
Recognized as the world's most powerful and reliable IP audio codecs, the Commander G3 can connect over a variety of network transports. Featuring interchangeable module slots, they can be customized to connect over a variety of connections according to each broadcaster's unique requirements.
All Commanders feature two module slots, which accept your choice of hardware plug-in modules. This allows broadcasters to send high quality, low-delay live audio over IP, 3G/4G, POTS/PSTN analogue telephone lines, ISDN, X.21, GSM and B-GAN satellite networks.
- Two expansion slots which accept your choice of IP, 3G/4G, POTS/PSTN, ISDN, X.21, GSM and B-GAN satellite plug-in modules.
- A suite of algorithms to suit all your live broadcasting requirements including Tieline's famous Music, MusicPLUS and Voice G3* algorithms - as well as industry standards such as G.711, G.722 and MPEG Layer II.
- Tieline's loss-tolerant MusicPLUS algorithm provides up to 20 kHz stereo audio quality with 20ms coding delay at bit rates as low as 96kbps - making it ideal for today's IP and 3G/4G wireless networks.
- Tieline Music can deliver up to 15 kHz FM quality mono audio at bit-rates as low as 24kbps, with only 20 milliseconds encoding delay.
- Tieline Voice G3* is optimized to deliver up to 7.5 kHz quality audio at bit-rates as low as 9.6 kbps.
- A configurable 14 x 8 cross-point Digital Matrix Audio Router (DMR) for customizing your cue, intercom, talkback and audio routing and send any audio input to any audio output.
- Comprehensive and configurable communications facility and buttons for live local and studio-to-remote communications.
- Pre-configured and adjustable mono, stereo, mono/IFB and dual mono connection profiles
- 3 input and 3 output digital mixing capability, including 2 balanced mic/line inputs, 1 unbalanced auxiliary in/out, and 2 balanced outputs.
- On-board relay and RS-232 control system for local and remote control of equipment at either end of your codec link
- Full control of a remote codec's audio input levels from the studio.
- Free Tieline Toolbox PC software configuration and control software, offering configuration, audio routing and input control of your local and remote codec.
- Automatic connection failover.
Analogue Audio Specifications
Audio Inputs2x Female XLR and 1 x RCA Aux
Audio Outputs2x Male XLR and 1 x RCA Aux
Headphones2 x 6.5mm (1/4") Jacks
Audio Input ImpedanceHigh Impedance - > 5K ohm
Output Impedance50 ohm Balanced
Clipping Level+18dBu (input and outputs)
Frequency Response20 Hz to 15kHz over POTS/GSM and 20Hz to 20kHZ over ISDN
Total Harmonic Distortion
Signal To Noise RatioBetter than 84dB at +4dBu
A/D & D/A Converters 24 bit Sigma-Delta
IP Sample Frequencies16kHz, 24kHz, 32kHz, 48kHz
3G Sample Frequencies16kHz, 24kHz, 32kHz, 48kHz
POTS Sample Frequencies16kHz, 32kHz
ISDN Sample Frequencies16kHz, 24kHz, 32kHz, 48kHz
X.21/V.35 Sample Frequencies16kHz, 24kHz, 32kHz, 48kHz
X.21/V.35 Data interfacesUp to 384KBits/S
GSM Sample Frequencies16kHz, 32kHz
POTSTieline Music, MusicPLUS, Voice G3* and Uncompressed audio
ISDNG.711, G.722, Mpeg Layer 2, MPEG, Tieline Music, Tieline Music Plus
GSMTieline Music & Tieline Voice G3*
X.21G.711, G.722, MPEG Layer 2, Tieline Music, Tieline Music Plus
IPTieline Music, Tieline Music Plus and Tieline Voice G3*
3GTieline Music, Tieline Music Plus and Tieline Voice G3*
3G - (Software module)3G GSM/UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA or EVDO Rev 0/Rev A internal cards available or broadband cell phone via Tieline USB master module.
USB3 x USB master inputs
IP - (Software module)TCP/UDP, SIP, over LAN, WAN, open internet, WiFi, WiMax
ISDNBasic Rate S/T or U modules with up to 2 B channels supported per module with RJ45 interface
POTS/PSTN/Analogue TelephonePOTS Modem module with RJ11 connector
GSMHSCSD 14,400 to 28,800bps and CSD 9600bps (requires sim card)
X.21DB15 male connector
SatelliteExternal BGAN or Inmarsat Satellite phone can be connected to the ISDN module or IP LAN port
Data and Control Interfaces
USB SlaveUSB-1.1 slave
USB - Master optional moduleUSB 1.1 Master
LAN10/100 base T RJ45 connector
SerialRS232 up to 115kbps with or without CTS/RTS flow control Female DB9 Connector
RS232Data interface port can be used as a proprietary data channel
CANDifferential CAN, 6 pin female DIN connector
GPIO Relay Controls
Inputs2 x Inputs: Contact Closure to ground with internal 5v feed at 5mA 0.15" pitch male pheonix connectors. (12V power connector has two relay inputs for power sensing one independent and 1 duplicated with phoenix connector)
Outputs2x Outputs: floating solid state switching 48V 100mA
Relay ExpansionExpandable to 8 in and 8 out using optional CAN 8+8 product.
Operating Temperature5°C to 45°C (40°F to 115°F)
Power12V DC, 1A (without plugin modules) 4 PIN XLR male connector
Dimensions216 x 218 x 7.5mm or 8.56 x 8.58 x 2.95 inches
Weight1.2kg or 4Ibs