The ip88-3m is an analogue input/output BLADE with microphone-level inputs. It has eight built-in microphone preamplifiers complete with pad, phase switch, and phantom power. It provides eight analogue line-level outputs as well. It also provides 12 channels of universal logic (GPIO). All signals are routable anywhere on the network.
ABOUT ALL I/O BLADE-3S:
I/O BLADEs are far more than mere access units connecting studios, elements and Wheatstone control surfaces in the WheatNet-IP Intelligent Network.
Yes, I/O BLADEs convert audio and logic inputs to data streams on the network and convert outgoing data streams to hardware outputs.
But these 1RU I/O units – which come in analogue, digital and analogue/digital I/O units - also have intelligence inside. Each I/O BLADE comes with a CPU and operating system so you can do amazing things with your audio network, starting with routable mixing, logic-follow-audio and a whole lot more.
Each of these access units, or BLADEs, communicates at lightning speed across the network via Gigabit Ethernet interface, and includes logic control, utility mixers and a dedicated controller that gives it its own intelligence. Each BLADE holds the entire brain trust of the studio operation for exceptional redundancy and scalability.
Every WheatNet-IP BLADE access unit is self-aware, and can reconfigure itself in an emergency. In fact, each BLADE in the network can recover settings for your entire studio operation!
More than a mere node, this BLADE has two eight-channel utility mixers for mixing, summing and controlling audio. With all that functionality built-in, this sleek unit could save you up to 50% in network hardware costs alone.
IP-88 M BLADE-3 FEATURES:
- 8 microphone-level XLR inputs with 8 built-in mic preamps complete with pad, phase switch, and phantom power
- 8 analogue line-level outputs
- RJ45 connectors for audio (8 out)
- One D-Sub connectors for analogue audio output
EVERY I/O BLADE-3 FEATURES:
- CPU with OS and standalone operation
- 24-bit A/D and D/A convertors
- 1RU, no fans
- AES67 compatible
- One Gigabit Ethernet port
- Two stereo 8x2 utility mixers
- Stereo multiband processor
- Embedded audio playback
- Silence sensing can be applied to any outputs
- 12 universal logic ports (GPIO) on 2 RJ-45 connectors
- 128 software logic ports
- Front panel headphone jack
- Two colourful OLED displays on front
MIC BLADE I/O
- Inputs Electronic differential, >2KΩ (bridging) Optimum source impedance <200Ω
- Outputs <10Ω, 20Hz-20kHz Optimum load impedance >600Ω
- XLR-F, requires XLR-M cable connector (microphone inputs)
- DB25 female, requires DB25 Male cable end connectors (analogue outputs)
- RJ45, requires straight-wired RJ45 plugs (analogue outputs, logic ports, & gigabit Ethernet
Frequency response ±0.5dB, 20Hz-20kHz, ref +4dBu
THD+n 0.02%, 20Hz-20kHz, ref +4dBu
Noise -85dBu; -109dBr ref max level out
Reference level -50dBu
Gain range +20 to +80dB, inputs; ±18db, outputs
Maximum input -10dBu
Maximum output +24dBu
A>D converter ADC enhanced dual bit, 24 bit resolution
D>A converter DAC 24bit Advanced ∑∆
Connector RJ45 (2), 12 channels
Voltage +5VDC to GND, +5VDC and GND provided
Current 100mA max source/sink
Cable CAT5E or CAT6
Audio transport Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T, used for all BLADE-to-BLADE audio traffic
Utility interface 100BASE-TX for future use
Sample rate 44.1 or 48kHz, user selectable in software
Sync Internal or external, External sync input on any I/O digital BLADE
Reference level 0dBFS=+4dBu (+4dBu=1.23VRMS)
Latency 0.5mS, BLADE to switch to BLADE
19"/48.3cm wide, 1-3/4"/4.5cm high
15-1/4"/38.7cm deep with connectors
Shipping weight 14lbs/6.4kg